Wondering what’s in store for future collections in 2015? Here’s an excerpt from the newly updated shop “New + Upcoming” page, where you’ll always find the most current store news.
Warning: This is a text heavy page, as there’s a lot going on around here! Take a deep breath and enjoy this baby cow before scrolling further. Her name is Vesta, and she was born in January. She’s not mine, but she lives in the pasture behind our house. Baby cows are excellent stress relief. ❤
- First ten shades of the Galactic collection, inspired by the beauty of the universe NOW AVAILABLE!
- March COTM, Kraken
- March Ephemera subscription box roundup unboxings/reviews/swatches: Here.
- Wonder what the February top selling shades were? Here’s the top 20!
- January Ephemera Box extras now available, quantities limited!
- Mythical Monsters eyeshadows expanded to offer “Deluxe Sample Jar” option.
- Aromaleigh x Cleolinda Twin Peaks inspired collection, tentatively named “Northwest Passage” announced on Twin Peaks Day (2/24). The collection will focus on matte eyeshadows, and a range of cheek and face products and collaborations are in the works for this to be a multi-indie release with fragrances AND lip products! (Note: Aromaleigh is not producing/selling fragrance and lip products again. This is a multi-indie collaboration, and these products will be produced and sold by those respective indies on their own websites)
- More Human than Human, an eyeshadow collection inspired by the sci-fi classic film Blade Runner
- Brilliant Deductions eyeshadow collection sizes expanded to include Deluxe Sample Jars.
SOME SHOP CHANGES:
The site reopens by Noon on 3/31, and I’ve been working on some ways to better balance my very large product inventory/increased order volume with life and it’s responsibilities. Aromaleigh used to be larger and employ a full range of people, but now it is just myself plus Carol handling customer service, and Angela, Emily and Noel as mods for the Imaginarium. My most important job in my life is homeschooling my Son, with Aromaleigh a very close second. After two years of homeschooling, we’ve been going through some major changes and adjustments recently. These changes will affect my available work hours.
Balancing work and life is crucial for creativity, health and happiness. I realize that a lot of these shop changes will present inconvenience for some customers, but I’m in a tough position. The changes I’m making are for the long-term betterment of Aromaleigh, the constant improvement of product formulas and offerings, keeping the TAT as low as possible, preventing store closures, and keeping product releases frequent and exciting! So without further ado…
- The Ephemera subscription now has a waiting list instead of a monthly raffle. To join, send a message with the title “EPHEMERA WAITING LIST” and in the text of the email, your full name and whether you are USA, CANADA or INTERNATIONAL. As slots become available, customers on the waiting list will be contacted in the order in which their email arrived.
- You’ll notice that a few collections are currently marked “Out of Stock”, with a restock date given. When collections present low inventory, I’ll be periodically pulling them from the site for a period of time, so that I can do a large overall restocking. Right now, Serpens, Dryades and Asteriai are out of stock. The restocking dates marked are solid and I’m unable to make exceptions.
- As more collections are released, I will begin to cycle collections. By cycling, I mean making them available for 6 months, and then putting them on hiatus for 6 months, for example. They will still be on the site, but will be marked out of stock with the date they can be ordered again. This is already happening with seasonal collections, such as Diavoli, Sol Invictus, and Feast of Lupercal.
- Pure Eyes Frost and Pure Eyes Matte collections are currently unavailable and in reformulation. I have been working on a semi-loose eyeshadow formula, which will enable you ease of use and more dramatic effects without a primer. This won’t be a formula that comes in “little balls of eyeshadow”, but rather, just enough enhanced formulation to allow greater adhesion and improved application for you. The shades in these collections will be rebranded along mythological themes. Their former color name will be in their new listing, so that if you enter it in the search bar, you’ll be taken to the newly formulated color. This is a large project, which will happen over the next year.
- The Clearance site is currently locked. I have a lot of inventory to fill for the clearance site items. As these are 50% off, they have been taking a back seat to regular site items and responsibilities. I know people would prefer everything all on one site, but I don’t have the resources to do that. Once the deeply discounted items are sold out, the clearance site will be closed permanently.
- Introducing the “Menagerie”, an offshoot of the Color of the Month series. The Menagerie will feature a range of products in more daring and experimental shades and finishes, which are themed around each mythical creature COTM. I was going to discontinue the COTM in August, but I’m too excited about this project to do that! This monthly feature will allow me to test out new shades, formulas and finishes, as well as meet the needs of customers who would like more daring and colorful shades. April’s COTM Menagerie will feature the “Leshy”, a mythical Eastern European forest creature, suggested by Kelly Kaye Accetola. May’s COTM Menagerie will feature the Hydra, of Greek mythological fame, suggested by Crystal Bethel. For future months, watch for the request thread on the Facebook page!
- The Aromaleigh weekly 25% off sales are now the weekly featured product/collection. I will be featuring one product range or collection each week, at 25% off. There may be random flash sales, and there will be seasonal or holiday sales. For example, a birthday sale or a black friday sale. The weekly featured product will be chosen based on available inventory, so there won’t be a definite schedule for what items go on sale, or when.
3/31 – SHOP REOPENS BY NOON EST!
4/1 – April’s Ephemera boxes ship!
4/1- April COTM- “Leshy” and Menagerie items available
4/1- February Ephemera box extras go on sale (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind themed)
4/1- Brilliant Deductions Rouges in the new mini size available
4/5- First five shades of Ignis Antiquita Rouges available
End of April/Early May- Fourth (and final) release of the Greek nymph collection- the flower nymphs (Anthousai), Aromaleigh’s Spring release.
Second five shades of the Ignis Antiquita rouge collection – by end of April/Early May